Reporting to the Accountant, the role of the Accounts Assistant is to provide a centralised accounting centre for all supplier and subcontractor invoices, queries, and payments in an efficient and accurate manner. The Accounts Assistant needs to develop strong relationships with both office and site staff to ensure they understand business needs and provide effective, relevant support.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role, construction preferred.
- Experience in Sage 200 is preferred, though training will be provided
- Familiarity with Eque 2 is an advantage.
- Accounting Technician qualification is preferred.
- Ability to handle fiscal information with sensitivity and discretion.
- High aptitude in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and Outlook).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Efficient and organised individual who can multi-task.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with a wide range of people.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform the day to day processing of transactions.
- Match invoices to PO’s and ensure proper authorisation of both supplier invoices and subcontractor invoices
- Creditor Reconciliations
- Responsible for the Debtors Ledger
- Bank Reconciliations
- RCT / CIS Returns (Experience in CIS would be advantageous, though training will be provided).
- Maintain deposit register
- Credit Card Reconciliations
- Employee Expenses
- General reporting to include but not limited Job Cost Reports and Giving Back Report
- General administration to include but not limited to, addressing queries from internal and external contacts and dealing with utility companies.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organisation.
Please send CV to email@example.com
back to careers