Due to continuing expansion, we currently have a vacancy for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have minimum 7 years main contracting experience. This position will be site / office-based covering projects in the Munster region.
• A relevant 3rd level Quantity Surveying degree qualification
• Proven track record in delivering multiple projects
• Proven record of own responsibility and accountability and ability to work successfully with a team
• An excellent knowledge of the industry and building technology methods
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Highly organised and self-motivated, with excellent time management skills and must be able to complete tasks before deadlines
• Strong negotiation skills in dealing with Clients / Design Teams and our supply chain
• Advanced IT skills – including excellent knowledge of MS office applications and QS / Estimating packages – Global Buildsoft / Cost X etc
• Excellent understanding of forms of contracts – RIAI forms / Public Works / Bespoke
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Commercial management of pkrojects (be it independently or part of a team) and reporting to the Commercial Manager and relevant Project Directors
• At times, provide assistance to the Estimating department in pricing and estimating projects
• Measure from first principals and have an excellent understanding of ARM
• Liaising with all stakeholders on an on-going basis and maintaining relationships whilst maintaining and protecting CField’s commercial and contractual entitlement
• Identify risk and managing these risks
• Managing, overseeing & coaching junior/intermediate quantity surveyors including and not limited to checking and taking responsibility for their work
• Daily Project QS duties will include but not limited to:
• procurement of subcontractor / supplier packages (including analysing, appointing, managing until completion),
• working to the company’s standard operating procedures,
• compiling interim valuations
• negotiating final accounts with clients / supply chain
• compiling interim supply chain payments
• recording change orders and valuing and issuing costs to clients PQS in a timely manner and within contract time bar clauses,
• compiling variation log registers.
• completing monthly CVR’s / project cashflows.
• attending site meetings as required.
• management of project preliminaries costs with the project teams.
• investigate and develop value engineering options and present options / cost savings to clients and design teams.
Please send CV to Careers@cfield.ie
“CField carried out their work in an extremely efficient and professional manner in order to meet the contract requirements of this project. We look forward to working with them again on future projects.”Kieran Flynn - Hallmark
"I have been working with KPMG for five years and for any type of project management and construction work, CField would always be first on my list to engage."Ruairi Keneally - KPMG
“Will happily continue to recommend CField to our clients. Excellent service.”Joe Keane - Development Director, O’Callaghan Properties
“I cannot speak highly enough of CField’s performance. Works to complete a development left unfinished by others were carried out at high quality, on time and on budget. Would not hesitate to work with you again”Brian Curtin - Hogan Associates, Architecture & Urban Design
“The finished building looks great and your team can be congratulated on a fine achievement. In anticipation of the reopening on Friday we have already taken the hanger off our ‘At Risk’ Register. We plan to identify your project as a major success over the past year at our Heritage at Risk National Launch.”Robert Parkinson - National Planning & Conservation Architect
"Thank you for your excellent work in bringing this project to fruition. CField and all the excellent staff were always professional, committed, honest and worked hard to help us have the lovely building we now have. Their continual communication and patience in guiding us through the process was very much appreciated. I would recommend them, and have done, to anyone considering a similar build."Dr Edward Gash - Principal, Midleton College
“CField were a pleasure to deal with on site. Given that it was a live site and the administrative offices continued to function throughout the project period, disruption was minimised and management of movement of staff to different locations within the building during the project was facilitated efficiently. Any issues or concerns raised were dealt with positively in a timely manner and the project was completed without delays.”Una Carroll - Assistant Principal Officer, Cork Education & Training Board
“We found CField an excellent Building Company to deal with. Their attention to the specification and implementation of the works made the job easy for us. This job was completed on budget and on time, and we would recommend CField to any client looking for a good job well done.”Aidan Lucey - O’Callaghan Properties